Best practices being employed across European food factories are aimed at the highest level of hygiene to avoid contamination of product and protection of the health of the employees.
- Separation of the manufacturing environment from any other part of the operation through strict control of access by people and goods.
- Temperature checking on arrival of every employee every day.
- Guidelines for every employee with self-isolation rules in place.
- Operating in permanent shift and area teams so that infection across teams is minimized.
- Vehicle and good access is strictly controlled and, where possible, equipment and goods are sanitized on entry.
- Separation of goods vehicles and drivers from the manufacturing environment.
This is an example of a business response from Europe which we are sharing as part of our global best practice resource to help you think about and determine appropriate responses locally.