CILT North America invite you to join them for their 2021 Virtual Fall Outlook Conference which will focus on “UPHEAVAL IN THE SUPPLY CHAINS: How Logistics and transport systems respond to the dramatic shifts in demand and supply”
Day One (Module One from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET):
- The opening speaker will be a Shipper who will detail the challenges shippers are currently experiencing during the pandemic and what changes they are making in their supply chain management practices.
- Stan Wraight, President and CEO, Strategic Aviation Solutions International (SASI), will address the challenges facing the air sector where cargo capacity dropped down to a halt and is now coming back as demand is up. He will address capacity issues for air cargo with airlines and airports.
- Pino Delvecchio, Head of Healthcare Canada at Bollore Logistics will highlight how much COVID-19 has reshaped the global supply chain across the world and how this impacts North America.
- Mathew Wilson, Sr. Vice President Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters Inc. will address the policy issues facing manufacturers and exporters, and the challenges they are trying to overcome due to the supply chain mess that is having impacts on our exporters ability to get their goods to foreign markets on time and in a cost effective manner.
Day Two (Module Two from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET):
- Ian Hamilton, President & CEO Hamilton Oshawa Port Authority will discuss the HOPA Ports expansion in the Golden Horseshoe and the impact on the communities from Oshawa to Niagara.
- Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Transport Ontario (invited) will outline the programs the provincial government is undertaking to improve the movement of goods and people especially in the heavily congested urban areas.
- Dr. Matthew Roorda, Professor, Civil & Mineral Engineering, University of Toronto and the Chair of the Smart Freight Centre (invited) will speak about “CLUE: City Logistics for the Urban Economy”.
- Dr. Anne Goodchild, Founding Director of the Supply Chain Transportation and Logistics Center at the University of Washington (invited) will present her perspective on “Post-Pandemic Cities: Fighting Congestion in The E-Commerce Age”.
Day Two (Module Three from 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET):
- Janet Drysdale, Vice-President, Transformation and Environment at CN (invited) will discuss the activities underway at CN with respect to decarbonisation of their supply chain.
- Greg Holt, Senior Price Specialist, S&P Global Platts, will speak about the International challenges at the Port of Los Angeles and Long Beach that are affecting most shippers and consumers across North America. What is the root cause of the problem and what is a solution?
- A senior VP from either Challenger or Freightliner (invited) will address issues facing the trucking industry and the implications of going electric.
- A representative from either Canada Post or Purolator Courier (invited) will address the challenges of THE LAST MILE delivery today.
Find out more about the conference