Our Women in Logistics and Transport Forum (WiLAT) have recently launched a new training programme for young professionals within the supply chain, logistics and transport sector, designed by the WilAT Capacity Building Centre (WCBC). The Career Advancement & Life Formula programme (CALF) is designed to upskill and enhance the knowledge, efficiency and performance of aspiring young leaders, giving them the life formula required for career advancement.
The program takes a 3 fold approach:
- An introduction to the CORE curriculum which covers the leadership essentials required for the world of work today.
- Exploration of seven core modules and two main streams of choice, covering Transport and Logistics modules to equip you with knowledge, insights and real life experiences including field visits. Stay tuned to see where we take you!
- Opportunities to submit a project paper of importance which will be reviewed by industry experts who will give you guidance and feedback for improvement and project execution.
CALF Benefits for Companies
- Build capacity and competence for the company through training
- Enhance the managerial skills and professional knowledge of employees
- Compete and win by improving staff commitment, performance and productivity
- Achieve higher standards of service with raised professionalism of staff
- Develop a strategic mindset for high-flyers in the company
- Nurture young managers by expanding their network in the industry
- Help employees understand the changes in the industry and future trends
- Develop the right attitude for employees to embrace changes
CALF Benefits for Participants
- Enhance career planning – reflect on individual career aspirations and be guided on how to devise an individual career plan
- Learn from experts and insiders – join interactive discussion sessions and get feedback from experts and fellow participants
- Understand latest industry trends – broaden knowledge about key challenges faced by the industry
- Widen professional network in industry – meet managers from various companies in the industry and discover and understand the roles of other professionals
Date & Location
The training programme will commence from 17th May – 30th June 2023 and will run for 6 weeks with both online and hybrid modes of study.
The programmes final week will be conducted in Singapore, from 26th – 30th June 2023, offering participants the opportunity to engage in practical training, case studies and face-to face interactions with industry professionals and peers.
Option 1: Online Only | 700 USD Per Participant
- All online topic lectures with class materials
Option 2: Full programme (Includes online & Singapore field visits) | 2,300 USD Per Participant
- All online topic lecture with class materials
- Field visits in Singapore
- Six-night accommodation with breakfast at a 4-star hotel based on double occupancy
- Lunch and dinner from Monday – Thursday and WiLAT Gala Dinner on Friday
- Local transportation during the programme
- A personalised reference letter from the Head of WiLAT Capacity Building Centre sent to the participant’s employer
Excluded in the fee:
- Airfare to Singapore
- Airport pickup to hotel
Singapore Field Visit Schedule
To register for the programme please visit the WiLAT website via the link below. Please note that registrations are via the WiLAT website only and any fee paid is non-refundable.