Our world is changing. Digital technologies have advanced more rapidly than any innovation in our history, disrupting societies and transforming the way we learn and communicate, the way we work, even the way we think.
In these times of change, staying relevant has never been more important. Through our Digitalisation and Industry 4.0 Campaign we have sought to raise awareness of the transformation our industry is facing, highlighting future trends and helping members understand the implications for their current work and ongoing career.
Our campaign has been supported by a programme of interviews with thought leaders, webinars on key topics, and ‘In Conversation’ pieces on specific areas of interest. You can watch these recordings on our YouTube Channel, via the Publications Section of the international website, or by following the links below:
- Where is Digitalisation in the Transport and Logistics Space Heading? A discussion with Professor Dr Rod Franklin, Professor of Logistics Practice at Kuehne Logistics University
- Digital Transformations in Learning and Training CILT in Conversation with Gamu Matarira, Gen-A Consultancy
- A Digital Future – The Transport and Logistics Dimension. An international panel discussion at the Central Asia Trade Forum
- Disruptive Digital Technology Adoption in Global Supply Chains CILT in Conversation with Professor Edward Sweeney, Heriot-Watt University
- Equipping Professionals for the Digital World CILT in Conversation with Arnoud Dekkers, 4D Supply chain Consulting
- The Digital Railway – Smart Solutions Through Collaboration CILT in Conversation with Daisy Chapman-Chamberlain, Knowledge Transfer Manager, KTN
- How Digitalisation Supports Trade Collaboration: An international panel discussion hosted by CILT’s International Business Forum
- Making the Physical Internet a Reality Steve Rinsler in Conversation with Ben Waller
- Digitally Connected Freight – Optimising Time and Space CILT in conversation with Sandy Moller and Lawrence Penn, WSP
- Social Impacts of Digitalisation CILT in Conversation with Daisy Chapman-Chamberlain, Knowledge Transfer Manager, KTN
We have also published an international Digitalisation Bulletin featuring articles, papers, podcasts and other materials created by CILT members from around the world which you can read here
This campaign was dedicated to making our members aware of changes and innovations in the logistics and transport industry, supporting their personal career development, and ensuring that together we can seize the opportunities of Industry 4.0.
We as an Institute are proud of our heritage, but we are also proud of how we have changed. We must continue to look forward. We must keep innovating and developing for the future, ensuring every CILT member is prepared for the road ahead. Together we will shape the future of logistics and transport.